The resolution to dissolve the BTP has failed.
A new program was adopted unanimously. The Program for 2012-2014 reads:
1. Monetary policy reform: Repeal legal tender law, allow for free competition of currency, and prohibit federal and state taxes on precious metal coins and bullion.
2. Real budgetary reform: Abolish all subsidies/entitlements, drastically cut military spending, cut salary of all federal employees (including elected and appointed officials) and liquidate all government assets other than necessary office buildings.
3. Pass the Downsize DC agenda of Congressional reforms: Read the Bills Act, One Subject at a Time Act, Write the Laws Act, and Enumerated Powers Act.
4. End the Wars Abroad: immediately cease all foreign intervention and bring home troops stationed abroad.
5. End the Wars at home: war on drugs, war on poverty, war on civil liberties.
There is an open 2012 Bylaws Proposal to change party name to “We The People Party” (submitted by Jim Duensing)
A 2/3 vote is required to adopt bylaws changes.